Taxpayers procure ample of benefits by filling Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) return through the official Income Tax e-filing portal. TDS return filing is mandatory and has to be done with more precision.
Details Necessary to file TDS returns online:
When it comes to filing online tds return, the following information is obligatory.
- PAN Card details of deductor and the deductee
- Details on TDS challan
- The total amount paid to the government in the name of tax
- Others if necessary
Filing TDS Return:
Many portals are available on the internet which paves a way to file TDS return online still found as an intimidating task by many. But we are here to ease your intimidations and complete this daunt just like having a piece of cake.
Before setting foot on applying online, there are few things everyone should know about the forms and due dates.
Form 24Q: TDS from salaries
Form 26Q: TDS for all payments excluding salaries
Form 27Q: TDS for interest, a dividend paid to NRI(Non-Resident Indians)
Form 27EQ: Tax collected at source
Prerequisites for filing TDS:
- Registering a valid TAN is mandatory for TDS return upload
- Employing Return Preparation Utility(RPU) software TDS statements has to be prepared and uploaded on Income tax website. In the meanwhile, do not forget the fact that your Return Preparation Utility(RPU) has to be verified using File Validation Utility(FTU)
- When you are uploading in the course of DSC method, valid Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) should be registered and it acts as a proof of identity.
- Bank accounts of the deductee such as employer or company filling for TDS return have to be merged with AADHAR when you are uploading in the course of EVC method.
Step by Step Procedures of applying TDS return online:
Step 1: Visit the http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and log in using your Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) as a User ID.
Step 2: Click Upload TDS which you can spot underneath the TDS tab.
Step 3: Once you click Upload TDS, a form pops up on your screen and it inquires the details such as FUV version, a financial year which means the year you wanna file a return, form name, a quarter for which the return is filled. The precision of the details must be accurate and click on the Validate button once you finish filling up the information.
The only way to upload the statement is from FY 2010-11 as well as, regular statements and nothing else can be uploaded in the income tax portal.
Step 4: Validation of returns can be done in two ways.
- By employing Digital Signature Certificate(DSC)
In this method, a first TDS zip file is uploaded then followed by attaching a digital signature file and at last, click the upload button.
Once you finish uploading, a message will pop up on your display says that you have successfully uploaded your states. Along with that, you will receive the confirmation mail to the registered email.
- By employing the Electronic Verification Code
In this method, after uploading TDS zip file hit the Click here to E-verify button. Once you finish uploading, a message will pop up on your display says that you have successfully uploaded your states. Along with that, you will receive the confirmation mail to the registered email.
Choose any choices from the three appear and enter EVC and Submit.
Once you submit you have filled your return successfully.